With the cool autumn breeze comes the delicious desire for warm drinks. It’s time to toss aside the ice coffee and move on to fall delicacies like pumpkin spice lattes. This fall flavored coffee is super easy to whip up at home, and will save you a bundle by making it yourself.
- ¼ cup espresso or half a cup of very strong coffee
- 2 cups milk (non fat, whole, soy – any kind you like)
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar (more or less depending on your taste)
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Mix together the milk, sugar and pumpkin in a medium sized sauce pan. Then cook the mixture over a medium heat until it starts to steam.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
Either blend the mixture for a few seconds, or mix by hand using a wire whisk. (A blender will make the mixture more foamy.)
Now just pour everything into a mug and enjoy!